A New and Correct MAPP OF MIDDLESEX, ESSEX AND HERTFORDSHIRE With the Roads Rivers Sea-Coast ACTUALLY SURVEYED
Cartographer: Warburton, John, Bland, Joseph and Smyth, Pyler
Medium: Engraving, coloured
Based on an original survey of 1721, this map of Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Essex was first issued in 1724. It was still being offered for sale by Bowles & Carver at the end of the 18th Century. Printed in six sheets, the map's title appears in ornamental cartouche at top left, with compass star at bottom right, key to symbols at bottom left and a list of towns and villages in a panel below the plan. Down both sides of the map and along the bottom are 850 coats of arms. A key in the table at bottom centre links them to the homes of their owners, who were also subscribers to the map. County borders are indicated by a discontinuous line, with liberty boundaries (public land) outlined in colour.