A large number of books, reference works and periodicals, relating to wildlife sound recordings are available on open access in the Humanities - Floor 2 reading room in the main British Library building at St. Pancras.
Magazines and periodicals include:
- AudioWings 1997 (vol.1) - present
- Behaviour 1987 (vol.100) - present
- Bioacoustics - (vol.1) - present (jointly produced by the British Library Sound Archive's Wildlife Sound Section).
- Biophon 1971 (vol.1) - 1981 (vol.8)
- Wildlife Sound 1969 (vol.1) - present
In addition to open access material in Humanities - Floor 2, users of the Sound Archive services are also able to consult the British Library's extensive collections of books on zoological and behavioural sciences.
The above guide covers the following:
- general interest
- recording techniques
- bioacoustics textbooks
Printed resources on open access are indicated in the bibliography.
Curator, Wildlife Sounds
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7403
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7441