Whatever the subject of your research we have information specialists who can help you. We have reference teams in every Reading Room.
What we can do for you
- Guide you to the most appropriate material for your research
- Advise you on how to access and use our printed and electronic collections most effectively
- Help you to use our catalogues and answer your bibliographic enquiries
- Suggest other libraries, archives and institutions that you might find useful in your research, or guide you to relevant websites and free on-line resources
- Provide a range of workshops and introductory sessions to help you find your way around the collections and to make the best use of them.
We have compiled some examples of the kind of enquiry we can help you with.
If your enquiry requires in-depth research or more specialist help than we can provide we will forward your enquiry to the appropriate person, refer you to our Research Service or suggest alternative sources of help.
How to contact us
- We have reference teams in every Reading Room, so if you are working in the Library please come to the Reference Enquiry Desks for help.
- If you are outside the Library you can contact the team that is most relevant for your research by email, letter or telephone. We will get back to you with a response to your enquiry within five working days.